Data Architecture: The secret driving force behind tech innovation
Data flows and management are seen and explained as invisible but complex processes. Data architecture is a framework for how IT infrastructure supports your data strategy. It supports agility, allowing companies to adapt quickly to the business environment and industry.
Data architecture is critical to the success of a business. It shows data is acquired, transported, stored, queried, and secured. Read this blog to understand the type of data, how data architecture helps manage data and the courses you can take to master this skill.
Data can exist in the form of texts, numbers, images or audio. It can either be in a structured or unstructured format.
- Structured Data: It is represented in the forms of rows and columns. For example, a survey of the population is structured data. This kind of data is stored in order. The data generated from weblogs, sensors, and machines are structured data. An example of structured data is a database. They are easy to manage and require less storage space. It is also easier to analyse it using tools like Excel or SQL.
- Unstructured Data: There is no precise format of storage in unstructured data. Unlike structured data, it cannot be stored in a row-column format. Roughly around 80 per cent of the data is unstructured. Examples of unstructured data are text documents, images, videos, PDFs, etc. They require more storage space, and analysing this kind of data requires artificial intelligence and machine learning.
What is Data Architecture?
Data architecture is the data acquisition, storage, processing, dashboarding, and the creation of value of data-driven insights. It is all about the models, rules, and standards that control the collected data and its storage, arrangement, integration, and use in data systems and organisations.
In simple words, data architecture is the lubrication for successful digital transformation.
Why is Data Architecture Important?
Since the world is increasingly heading towards complete digitisation, it is crucial that the data is managed and appropriately analysed.
- It helps in gaining a better understanding of the data.
- It can transform unstructured data for analysis and reporting.
- It is also beneficial in enforcing security and privacy.
A good data architecture combines data from all parts of the organisation and the necessary external sources into one place, terminating competing versions of the same data. However, errors begin to occur when the volume of data or the types of analysis being processed outpaces the current hardware setup. There are two main ways of increasing computational powers:
Vertical scaling: Scaling by adding more physical resources such as more disc space, RAM, etc., to an existing machine.
Horizontal scaling: Scaling by adding more machines to the pool of resources.
Vertical scaling is more cost-effective as memory and storage become affordable over time. But when talking about supercomputers, it can cost a massive sum of money. In the case of horizontal scaling, many commodity servers are bought and networked together.
What are the Components of Data Architecture?
- Data Streaming: It is the real-time flowing of data continuously for processing and analysis.
- Data Pipelines: It is the process of collection and delivery of data. It also includes refinement, storage and analysis of data.
- Cloud Computing: In addition to cloud storage, data architects also include cloud computing to analyse and manage data.
- AI and ML models: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning models are used to carry out tasks like data collection, labelling, etc.
Data architecture is essential in many big organisations for smooth and seamless working. Therefore, it is one of the most promising and prospective domains soon.
How do you define the job of a Data Architect?
The job of a data architect is to:
- Design and manage data systems
- Set policies for data storage and access
- Coordinate various data sources within the organisation
- Integrate new technologies into existing IT infrastructure
Here are a few online courses we recommend you to become a data architect:
- Become a Data Architect Nanodegree (by Udacity)
- Cloud Architecture with Google Cloud Professional Certificate
- Ultimate AWS Certified Solutions Architects Associate
Data architectures are in demand, and with an average salary of 19.8 Lakhs in India, this role will only increase in the market in the near future. Looking for course advice on becoming a data architect, help with financing or counselling for a similar career role? We’d be happy to help you. Click here to get in touch with us.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are some of the best data architecture books?
Some of the most recommended books for data architecture are Neufert Architect’s Data, Solutions Architect’s Handbook and Salesforce Architect’s Handbook.
What is meant by big data?
Data that is too large and complex to deal with standard data processing software is known as Big Data.
How to become a certified data architect?
It would be best if you had a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field with coursework including data management, programming, system analysis and big data developments.
דירות דיסקרטיות בבת ים israelnightclub.com
The very next time I read a blog, Hopefully it wont disappoint me as much as this one. After all, I know it was my choice to read through, nonetheless I really believed you would have something helpful to talk about. All I hear is a bunch of crying about something that you could possibly fix if you werent too busy searching for attention.