Digital Marketing involves executing marketing techniques across digital platforms like websites, social media, mobile apps, and email. In simple words, the transition of traditional marketing into internet marketing is what the game is all about. The core idea is connecting with the consumers through online marketing, expanding the reach and output. Unlike traditional marketing, which involves billboards, magazines, pamphlets, digital marketing encompasses social media posts, search engine ads, blog articles, etc.
What are the types of digital marketing?
Social Media Marketing
Today social media has become a necessity among the masses. Hence, it is a virtual channel that can turn the users into leads and your customer. Therefore, the platform incorporates various social media posts and ads to serve an excellent digital marketing strategy. Deploying the social media platform, you can run your product advertisement in infinite ways, comprising social media posts, video ads, etc. Some of the most popular social media sites are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
Search Engine Marketing
In this marketing approach, the advertisers are charged every time the customer clicks on an ad appearing on Search Engine pages like Google Search, MSN search etc. So, technically, you are buying your visitor!
People spend most of their time on the phone, and this helps mobile apps drive good revenue by reaching directly to their customers. In addition, the apps have made lives simpler with applications for shopping, health, ticketing, etc. Therefore, these apps are a good source of marketing where they can attract and stay connected with the customers at a very proximal level.
It is the oldest yet one of the crucial modes of digital communication. It is known for its reach due to the massive number of email users. With personalized emails involving product information, offers, and coupons, you can connect to your customers. Examples of email marketing tools include Hubspot, Mailchimp, etc.
Keeping a target audience in mind, you promote or sponsor your content on websites or general informative websites like news websites, etc. For example, blog articles, podcasts, video content, etc., are part of the content to attract and retain customers. Another sort of content Marketing includes native advertising companies like Outbrain, Taboola, etc.
Video and Podcast Marketing
Video & podcast marketing has been dramatically effective in reaching out to consumers. It would include creating videos and promoting them on video platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, etc. In addition, Podcast will bring industry leaders to shed some light on the ongoing trends, detailed information of the sector, sharing opinions and facts. Examples of platforms for podcasts include Spotify, google podcast, etc.
It is the process of referral or recommendations. Affiliate marketing is bringing traffic from the referral link; hence this expands the reach of the target customers.
What are the career opportunities in digital marketing?
Digital Marketing is inviting many professionals despite the versatility in their background. With the proper skills, you can excel in this domain. Several online and offline courses are available, providing basic to advanced knowledge in the field. The minimum salary range may start from 2-3 LPA during the initial days and may cross beyond 10 LPA with great experience and industrial exposure. The career opportunities include:
- Ad Agencies and Digital Marketing agencies typically hire
- Planners – One who understands the client requirements and plans the campaigns across various digital platforms.
- Social Media Executives – To create and post content about the business to attract customers on social media.
- SEO Specialists – To optimize the website content and promote them on search engine organically.
- Copywriters and Content Writers – Write copy and content for websites, social media, campaigns, etc.
- Media Buyers – To negotiate and buy media on various platforms.
- Operations Executives – To run campaigns on Search Engines for better visibility.
- Analytics Executives – To tag campaigns and analyze the performance.
- Companies or Brands typically hire
- Digital Marketing Manager Executives – Experts who can carry out campaigns alone or work with agencies to execute campaigns from time to time.
- Brand Executive – Manage Brands promotions on various channels of digital marketing.
So, if you are creative and enthusiastic enough to learn the modern marketing trends, then don’t wait, just dive into a relevant course now!
I wasn’t sure what to do after finishing my digital marketing course. For individuals considering a career in digital marketing, this article is quite helpful.
Thank you so much for this post; it was very helpful.