Earlier this year, Prime Minister Modi got the tech-lovers excited with his 5G in India announcement. Venturing into the 5G world would mean, faster internet downloads, better reception, developed service systems and more. Apart from the IT sector, 5G is expected to be helpful in various public sectors like smart farming, disaster management, health sector and so on.
While everyone in the country wants high-speed internet, the announcement also included a few key details about how about 5G technology will be implemented across the country. 5G is going to be launched in phases across the country.
Where will you get 5G internet?
In the first phase, the 13 cities where 5G will be launched are Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Jamnagar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and Pune.
Company updates about 5G:
Keeping up with the anticipation for the tech-lovers of the country, telecom companies have provided updates about their 5G services:
- Top companies like Airtel and Jio have rolled out 5G services in selected cities.
- Users of the Nothing phone have access to 5G services.
- Samsung and Google Pixels are expected to launch a 5G in November and December respectively.
- Xiaomi’s 5G update is expected anytime now, around Diwali.
- Apple’s 5G update is expected in December too.
Despite the software update that 5G requires, you can still check your devices if they are 5G compatible and get started on it already.
Benefits of 5G Internet
If you aren’t one among the tech-lovers, wondering what’s the excitement all about… here are some of the key benefits of having 5G services:
- Faster internet speed helping users, businesses, government sectors, broadcasters, educators, and many more.
- It will pave the way for a number of new use cases from cloud gaming to autonomous vehicles. Hence, acting as a catalyst to development.
- More employment opportunities.
One of the good news that followed the announcement of 5G internet in India is the increase in opportunities that 5G is expected to attract. Economic Times recently published an update on the same, stating the advent of 5G in India is expected to create 80,000 direct jobs attracting 3-lakh crore investment.
In addition to the jobs, we can also expect 5G to make India stronger in the global market. Also, facilitating newer business opportunities, globally.
This is a quick update about 5G in India. For more such insightful updates you can engage on Exalt.Club, to stay updated about the latest industry trends.